What Is HempWood?
HempWood is made via a patented process that utilizes bio-mimicry to transform hemp fibers and protein based bonding agents into a viable substitute for anything solid oak can be used for. All hemp growth and material production is conducted in the United States of America and the hemp is grown using sustainable methods, which helps eliminate deforestation.
In April of 2019 Marketing Director and 4th generation family member Daniel Reel-Clark read a story about a startup company in Kentucky that was developing technology to take the fiber strands of hemp stalks and turn them into lumber. Daniel immediately picked up the phone and organized a trip to visit the production facility. A few months later Daniel found himself standing in the middle of a hemp farm discussing the benefits of hemp and the potential for harnessing it’s incredible growth rate. Unlike hardwood trees, hemp plants can go from seed to cultivation in just five months.
Plain Sawn Example
Rift Sawn Example
- HempWood is available to purchase online by clicking here.
- Each board is unique in grain pattern and we offer both Plain Sawn & Rift Sawn in 4/4 thickness
- We also offer Rift Sawn in 8/4 thickness
- Every full length board is 4′ in length X 5-1/4″ width.
- Curious about HempWood? So are we! Reel Lumber Service offers sample boards that are 4/4″ thick X 6″ in length X 5-1/4″ width.
- Developed in Kentucky, this unique and eco-friendly alternative to traditional lumber is suitable for any interior woodworking project. All hemp growth and material production is conducted in the United States of America.
- We accept all major cards and PayPal as payment methods.
- If you plan on ordering more than 10 boards please contact us about bulk prices and different shipping options.
Blanks Now Available
We’ve had a lot of repeat orders from woodworkers who enjoy turning on a lathe. We now offer stabilized and dyed pen blanks, knife blanks and larger duck call blanks/tool handle blanks. Click Here to purchase. All pen blank have been stabilized and some have been dyed various colors with Cactus Juice products. We partnered with local Los Angeles wood turner Kate of Bow & Bullseye Turning Supplies and turned to her for her expertise in creating these astounding blanks.
- Pen blanks are squared to 7/8 inches (width and height) and are 5-3/4 inches in length.
- Knife Blanks are 1/2 inch thick X 2 inches wide X 6 inches in length.
- Duck Blanks/Tool Handles are squared to 2 inches (width and height) X 6 inches in length.
Stay tuned as we’ll be adding more turning stock in the near future!